Grow your business and reach for the stars! Virtual Dream Office Services(VDOS) provides you, the virtual assistant, with expert administrative support to retain current clients and add more cleints all at the same time.

Retain & gain clients by subcontracting with me!

  • Your client will gain more time than what you have
  • You keep the client, I do the work
  • Offer expertise outside your skillset such as bookkeeping, excel spreadsheets and podcasting
  • Give projects to me and find more clients

You, the virtual assistant, needs an assistant!

  • Software research
  • Keep up your bookkeeping
  • Create and maintain your profiles
  • Create excel spreadsheets
  • Send out newsletters
  • Maintain email
  • Web research to create info product
  • Technology based tasks

Software Savvy Sub Podcast

Join my blog and download episodes of the podcast series for the virtual business. Software and tools are introduced to help run your virtual business.

www.softwaresavvysub.info/wordpress

Saturday, January 17, 2009

How I Became A Virtual Assistant

As a graduate of the CVP program. Virtual Dream OfficeServices became my business name. Living on a farm in Wisconsin, I never thought there would be chance to supplement my income and do it while at home. Having two small kids and working full-time there was no way for me to have a second job outside the home.

While going back to school for my associate degree in accounting, I did a research project on telecommuniting. Then, I got pregnant with my first child. While on maternity I researched more about working from home. At that time there were very few companies that hired employees this way and very few people did it as their very own business. I was too conservative to quit my job since I carry the health insurance for the family.

I live in a rural area and jobs are quite scarce if WAH didn’t work out. So, starting slow has helped. I switched jobs and less stress gave me more time to really do some calling for opportunities. Then I met my mentor, Diane Hess, of the Certified Virtual Professional program.(http://certifiedvp.com/portal/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx) Until I was given the opportunity to have hands on experience with Diane Hess, I really didn’t feel like I had much to offer.

Now, limiting my availability and making sure I stay fair to the family is my biggest hurdle.
In a few years if I can pay for a family trip to Disney World, that will be my final decision-maker to do this full-time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have dealt wonderfully with time, research and going back to school, and the emphasis you made on going on training and tutorials...your article i a great help...a very nice one

www.hubportinteractive.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Like yours, mine began shortly after giving birth to my youngest daughter. At the time the internet was a part of doing business for many companies however, their people working from home was not. I continued to work outside the home and researching until I was fortunate to meet up with a local VA. With their help and the training offered by Diane Hess, I'm finally living my dream.

Please continue sharing your story.

Working as your virtual subcontractor, I bring experience and also add value to your business. Which is priceless.......

BUSINESS BACKGROUND

  • Honest & Hard Working
  • 15 Plus Years of Office Experience
  • Associate Degree Accounting
  • Associate Degree Admin Assistant
  • Own & Operate A Family Farm
  • Certified Virtual Professional Seal
  • Certified Electronic Spreadsheet Certificate(Excel)